ACC - STATISTICS UNIT
Florin Vaida, Ph.D., Unit Chief
The Statistics Unit provides statistical support to Investigators and staff on the planning, analysis, and reporting of TMARC-associated studies.
Unit Resource Objectives:
The Statistics Unit provides the following resources:
- Collaborate with investigators on study planning, including design, analysis plan, and power calculations.
- Provide data analysis and statistical consulting for the Center projects, including assistance with interpretation of data and creation of customized graphs and tables.
- Provide quality control of the results emanating from TMARC, such as submitted manuscripts and conference abstracts.
To ensure statistical support and comprehensive coverage, each Project and Core has a designated statistician responsible for providing assistance and support at various stages of a study. In-person consultations are available by appointment and walk-in and members of the Statistics Unit are present at bi-weekly TMARC meetings to provide timely input and expertise. The Statistics Unit has implemented a practice of reviewing all TMARC-related manuscripts and abstracts, providing quality control for all statistical aspects of these documents.
Unit Scientific Objectives:
The Statistics Unit primarily focuses on the following scientific objectives:
- Implementation of existing statistical methods and development of novel methodology to answer questions raised by the scientific projects.
- Customization of existing software to facilitate analyses raising particular statistical challenges.
- Training of researchers and staff through talks, seminars, and one-on-one consulting.