ACC - EXECUTIVE UNIT
The Executive Unit is comprised of:
- Principal Investigator/Center Director (I. Grant, M.D.)
- Three Senior Co-Investigators/Center Co-Directors (R. Ellis, M.D., Ph.D.; S. Letendre, M.D.; and C. Achim, M.D., Ph.D.)
- Center Manager (M. Cherner, Ph.D.)
- Associate Center Manager (E. Morgan, Ph.D.)
- Assistant Center Manager (A. Carr, B.A.)
The primary objectives of the Executive Unit are as follows:
- To provide overall scientific and programmatic leadership (e.g., strategic planning, monitoring, and evaluation) to the Projects and Cores in service of the scientific themes of TMARC.
- To oversee and coordinate the day-to-day activities of TMARC’s scientific Projects and Cores to facilitate reliable exchange of information, collaborative interactions, synergy, and centeredness.
- To leverage TMARC resources and findings to attract new investigators, develop new research tools, and jump start new programs of study related to TMARC scientific themes in coordination with the Pilot and Developmental (PAD) Core.
- To ensure the responsible fiscal management of TMARC and its compliance with relevant federal and University requirements, including human and animal subject protections.
- To interact with the Neuroscience and Animal Models (NAM) Core in coordinating animal subjects activities.
- To coordinate dissemination of information the scientific community regarding the availability of research resources as well as the scientific findings arising from TMARC activities.